Monday, October 8, 2012
Ingredients and Preparation
Celery, finely diced
Onion, finely diced
Green pepper, finely diced
Frozen whole kernel corn
1 package (10 ounces)
Raw potatoes, peeled, diced in 1/2-inch pieces
Fresh parsley, chopped
Black pepper to taste
Lowfat or skim milk
2. Heat oil in medium saucepan. Add celery, onion, and green pepper, and sauté for 2 minutes.
3. Add corn, potatoes, water, salt, pepper, and paprika. Bring to boil, then reduce heat to medium. Cook covered for about 10 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
4. Place 1/2 cup of milk in jar with tightfitting lid. Add flour and shake vigorously.
5. Gradually add milk-flour mixture to cooked vegetables. Then add remaining milk.
6. Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to boil and thickens. Serve garnished with chopped, fresh parsley.
Summerville Journal Scene is pleased to offer readers the enhanced ability to comment on stories. We expect our readers to engage in lively, yet civil discourse. We do not edit user submitted statements and we cannot promise that readers will not occasionally find offensive or inaccurate comments posted in the comments area. Responsibility for the statements posted lies with the person submitting the comment, not Summerville Journal Scene.
© 2014 Trident Health.