Tuesday, October 9, 2012
Ingredients and Preparation
Quick cooking oats
Whole wheat flour
Packed brown sugar
Evaporated skim milk
1. Preheat oven to 425ºF.
2. Mix oats, flour, almonds, sugar, and salt together in small mixing bowl.
3. Blend oil and water together in measuring cup with fork or small wire whisk until emulsified.
4. Add oil mixture to dry ingredients and mix well. If needed, add small amount of water to hold mixture together.
5. Press into a 9 inch pie pan and bake for 8-10 minutes, or until light brown.
6. Turn down oven to 350ºF.
7. Mix sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt together in a bowl.
8. Add eggs and vanilla and mix to blend ingredients.
9. Add pumpkin and milk and stir to combine.
10. Pour into prepared pie shell.
11. Bake 45 minutes at 350ºF or until knife inserted near center comes out clean.
© 2016 Trident Health.