Tuesday, October 9, 2012
Ingredients and Preparation
Green bell pepper, diced
Red bell pepper, diced
Yellow bell pepper, diced
Sweet onion, diced
Spicy Low Fat Cucumber White Sauce Ingredients
Parmesan cheese, finely grated
1. In a large saucepan, heat oil and sweet onions until translucent and aromatic.
2. Add mushrooms, salt and pepper and cook thoroughly.
3. Add all of the bell peppers and cook slightly. Be careful not to overcook or they will lose their crispness.
4. Fill and roll the crepes.
5. To make sauce, heat a medium-size pan over high heat. When hot, add the oil.
6. When the oil is hot, add the cucumbers and quickly sauté just to soften slightly.
7. Remove from the heat and set aside.
8. Prepare white sauce by mixing together milk, cornstarch, parmesan cheese, and cayenne pepper in a saucepan.
9. Cook slowly, over low to medium heat, stirring frequently until sauce is semi-thick and smooth.
10. Add cucumbers and pour over prepared crepes.
Summerville Journal Scene is pleased to offer readers the enhanced ability to comment on stories. We expect our readers to engage in lively, yet civil discourse. We do not edit user submitted statements and we cannot promise that readers will not occasionally find offensive or inaccurate comments posted in the comments area. Responsibility for the statements posted lies with the person submitting the comment, not Summerville Journal Scene.