Week of Prayer brings people together for daily worship
The Week of Prayer for Christian Unity has been sponsored in Summerville over some 30 years by the Summerville Area Ministerial Association.
The Week is observed across the United States and in many countries worldwide. Theme for 2013, selected this year by Student Christian
Movement leaders in India, is: "What Does God Require Of Us?" from Micah 6:6-8.
The Week brings people together daily for worship and fellowship from different congregations and denominations. The goal is to experience and celebrate the unity Jesus Christ gives to his Church. Weekday services are at 12 Noon; Sunday closing service is at 6:30 p.m. Host churches share a brief worship service in the style typical to that congregation.
A love offering is received to benefit Palmetto House shelter in Summerville. Hosts serve a light meal after worship. People on lunch break are welcome to come and go as time alllows.
Schedule for the Week of Prayer services in Summerville below shows date, host Church location and pastor, and preacher.
Worship is planned for Monday through Friday, at 12 Noon.
• Mon., Jan. 21, Baum Temple AME Zion Church, 943 W. 1st North St., Pastor Mary Tucker, Preacher Bob Howell;
• Tues.,, Jan. 22, Bethany United Methodist Church, 118 w. 3rd South St., Pastor Bob Howell, Preacher Mack McClam;
• Wed., Jan. 23, St. Theresa Roman Catholic Church, 11001 Dorchester Rd.(Near Hwy 17A), Pastor Edward Lofton, Preadher Johnny Byrd
• Thur., Jan. 24, Murray United Methodist Church, 864 W. Old Orangeburg Rd., Pastor James Cannion, Preacher Floyd Baker, Sr.;
• Fri., Jan. 25, Sand Hill United Methodist Church, 1961 Summers Rd.(Hwy. 163 off 61), Pastor Mack McClam, Preacher John Scott;
Sunday, 6:30 P.M.
• Sun., Jan. 27, Heritage Holiness Church, 3836 Ladson Rd., Pastor Bob Matthews, Preacher Ben Brerrow.