Tuesday, February 5, 2013
According to the American Heart Association, coronary heart disease and stroke are the first and third leading causes of death in the United States. Throughout February, Trident Health will be providing their annual “Heart Health Events”, including free heart screenings and the latest information to help individuals lead a healthier lifestyle.
To make a reservation for any of these free Heart Month events, please call 843-797-FIND (3463). All events are free.
The “Heart Health Event” schedule is as follows:
• Heart Health Screening, Thursday February 7, 8:30-11:30 a.m., Trident Medical Center
• Early Intervention- Know the Signs of a Heart Attack, Thursday February 7, noon-1p.m., Trident Medical Center
• Music Man's BBQ Steak Fundraiser Benefiting The American Heart Association, Tuesday February 12, 6-9 p.m., Moncks Corner
• Survivor's Valentine Lunch, Thursday February 14, noon-1, Trident Medical Center
• The Beating of Your Heart, Darren Sidney, MD, Thursday February 21, 6-7 p.m., Trident Medical Center
• When to Worry About Leaking Valves, James Benner, MD, Thursday February 28, 6-7 p.m., Trident Medical Center.
Trident Health is an HCA hospital system comprised of two acute care hospitals – Trident Medical Center and Summerville Medical Center – as well as Moncks Corner Medical Center. The Joint Commission recently named Trident Health to their list of the nation's top hospitals for quality and safety. In 2011, Trident Health provided almost $45 million in charity and uncompensated care and contributed $38 million in taxes. Accredited by The Joint Commission, Trident Health is committed to providing quality health services along with wellness information and opportunities to the communities it serves. For more information about Trident Health, please visit our website at www.tridenthealthsystem.com or call 843.797.7000.