Ingredients and Preparation
|Small potatoes, peeled and sliced||5|
|Olive oil or vegetable cooking spray||1 tablespoon|
|Medium onion, minced||½|
|Small zucchini, sliced||1|
|Green/red peppers, sliced thin||1½ cups|
|Medium mushrooms, sliced||5|
|Whole eggs, beaten||3|
|Egg whites, beaten||5|
|Pepper and garlic salt with herbs to taste|
|Shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese||3 ounces|
|Parmesan cheese||1 tablespoon|
2. Preheat oven to 375°F.
3. Cook potatoes in boiling water until tender.
4. In a nonstick pan, add oil or vegetable spray and warm at medium heat.
5. Add the onion and sauté until brown. Add vegetables and sauté until tender but not brown.
6. In a medium mixing bowl, slightly beat the eggs and egg whites, pepper, garlic salt, and mozzarella cheese. Stir egg-cheese mixture into the cooked vegetables.
7. Oil or spray a 10-inch pie pan or ovenproof skillet. Transfer potatoes and eggs mixture to pan. Spread with parmesan cheese and bake omelet until firm and brown on top, about 20-30 minutes.