American Legion Post 21 sends students to Boys State
Twenty-six area high school students were selected by the Summerville AL Post 21 to attend the 2013 Palmetto Boys State Program at Anderson University from June 9-15. The program is richly educational and a rewarding program that has prompted many former participants to seek careers in public service. The individuals competing in this program serve as testimony to the students’ character and leadership skills.
The Boys State Program is recognized by many Universities, military academies and by many employers as to its value and the potential of these students in the future. The students interviewed and selected were from the following high schools.
• Ashley Ridge: Richard Blanchard, Zane Bumpus, Phillip Conroy, John Cordes, James Gonzales, Jackson Inabinett, Michael Marshall, Brendan Middleton and Douglas Torgerson.
• Fort Dorchester: Tyler Lamb and Myles Snypes
• Pinewood: Clayton Are, Frank Haynes, Mason Hazel, McKiney Jaskwhich, Jonathan Low, Cameron Poaps, Evan Schwartz, and Bobby Thomas.
• Summerville: Kenneth Hodges, John Riley, Adam Seith, Madison Socha, John Steverson, James Trexler and Austin Wiseman.
• Post 21 Boys State Coordinators: Charles L Giavelli and John L. Egan.