County to sell treatment plant site

  • Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Dorchester County Council is moving forward with a contract to sell a former county wastewater treatment plant. The council met Friday morning in a special called council meeting to discuss the real estate offer.

After returning from executive session, Councilman George Bailey made a motion for the county to proceed with negotiating a contract to sell the property, located at 500 Shaftesbury Ln., to Larry and Tammy Curtis for $195,000.

Five councilmembers voted in favor, with one absent and one abstaining.

The 1.2-acre property is the site of the former King’s Grant Wastewater Treatment Plant, which was closed down a few years ago, according to Jason Ward, county administrator.

Ward said he didn’t know the buyers’ intent for the property, but did say they wanted to have the property zoned for residential use. He said the council will see the item on the Nov. 18 agenda, at which point there will be a public hearing regarding the sale.


Notice about comments:

The Journal Scene is pleased to offer readers the enhanced ability to comment on stories. We expect our readers to engage in lively, yet civil discourse. We do not edit user submitted statements and we cannot promise that readers will not occasionally find offensive or inaccurate comments posted in the comments area. Responsibility for the statements posted lies with the person submitting the comment, not The Journal Scene.

If you find a comment that is objectionable, please click "report abuse" and we will review it for possible removal. Please be reminded, however, that in accordance with our Terms of Use and federal law, we are under no obligation to remove any third party comments posted on our website. Read our full terms and conditions.

Upcoming Events
 Latest News
Print Ads

The Journal Scene

© 2015 The Journal Scene an Evening Post Industries company. All Rights Reserved.

Registration on or use of this site constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Service, Privacy Policy and Parental Consent Form.