Wednesday, December 4, 2013
The big day is drawing near, and the excitement is growing in anticipation for Breakfast With Santa on Saturday, December 7, 2013 from 9am-Noon in front of Town Hall in Downtown Summerville!
The Journal Scene has received a tremendous response from the community.
Families have many questions for this event so below is some additional information to help prepare for the event.
NORTH POLE CHECK IN:
When you arrive, look for the North Pole Welcoming Station.
Check In-The North Pole Welcoming Station is the first stop you’ll need to make. Santa’s Helpers will verify your RSVP with the last name, and give you a number that will be used to determine your place in the line. At this same station, families will also be given voucher for a complimentary Breakfast from Alex’s Restaurant for each participating child 12 and under. Breakfast includes a sandwich and drink. Additional Breakfast vouchers from Alex’s Restaurant may be purchased for $2/each. We prefer cash or check for payment of the breakfast.
While you’re waiting with your little ones, (who we know are anxious to tell Santa all the toys they’d like to see under the tree), Santa’s Workshop Sponsors have some wonderful activities to keep the kiddos busy! Here is a quick list to give you an idea of what to look for:
Breakfast by Alex’s Restaurant
Submit tickets to receive your delicious breakfast by Alex’s Restaurant. Children will receive a Breakfast Sandwich and drink. If you would like to purchase any an additional breakfast, you can purchase a voucher at the North Pole Welcoming Station for $2.
WE BELIEVE & SANTA’S WORKSHOP ACTIVITIES STATION
After you check in, kids can participate in the Santa’s Workshop Activity Station. Special thanks to First Citizens, Lowcountry Orthodontics, Nicklas Dental, Pinewood Preparatory School, Summerville Pediatric Dentistry and Trina Woods, Realtor who provided fun activities for the kids. Some of these activities will be limited, so we suggest you arrive early to get involved in all of the fun!
• “We Believe Declaration” Station by First Citizens: Do you believe in Santa? If so, sign the “We Believe Declaration” with First Citizens. We’ll capture a photo and First Citizens has a special keepsake to give to participants!
• Holiday Photo Booth by Lowcountry Orthodontics: Practice before the big photo with Santa. Grab your family, enjoy fun props and get your beards on at this fun booth!
• Kaleidoscopes by Nicklas Dental: Kids will love seeing all the shapes and colors!
• Reindeer Food by Trina Woods, Realtor: Children can make “reindeer food” to leave out for Santa’s reindeer on Christmas Eve.
• Jingle Bell Necklaces by Pinewood Preparatory School: Create festive “bling” with a ring to wear this holiday season.
• Candy Cane/Mouse Craft Ornament by Summerville Pediatric Dentistry: Kids will feel proud hanging their ornament on the tree!
• 10:00-10:30 am: Storytelling with Special Guest Mayor Bill Collins
Mayor Collins will share Christmas stories sure to captivate the hearts of the young, and the young at heart!
PHOTOS WITH SANTA
Families will be given a waiting number for their visit with Santa. Look out for your number to be posted. When you see your number, then head back to the North Pole Welcome Station where Santa’s Helpers will show you to Santa.
When you visit Santa, photos will be taken by dreampop media. Parents are welcome to bring their own cameras and take their own photos as well. Santa wants to be able to visit all the children who came to see him so please keep in mind his time with each family is limited. We appreciate everyone’s cooperation with keeping the line moving at a steady pace. Photos will be available for FREE digital download on www.JournalScene.com/Santa within a few days after Breakfast with Santa.
The Summerville Journal Scene proudly Ho-Ho-Hosts Breakfast with Santa but this event is also made possible by our partners:
North Pole Presenting Sponsor: Century 21 Properties Plus
Breakfast Provided by Alex’s Restaurant
We Believe Sponsor: First Citzen’s
Santa’s Workshop Sponsors providing fun activities for the kids:
• Lowcountry Orthodontics
• Nicklas Dental
• Pinewood Preparatory School
• Summerville Pediatric Dentistry
• Trina Woods, Realtor
Special thanks to the Town of Summerville and the many volunteers to make this event special for our beautiful town!
We look forward to an exciting event. Until then, thank you for BELIEVING
Summerville Journal Scene is pleased to offer readers the enhanced ability to comment on stories. We expect our readers to engage in lively, yet civil discourse. We do not edit user submitted statements and we cannot promise that readers will not occasionally find offensive or inaccurate comments posted in the comments area. Responsibility for the statements posted lies with the person submitting the comment, not Summerville Journal Scene.