Tuesday, May 1, 2012
Fresh fruit (strawberries,
Fat free yogurt
Reduced fat cheddar chesse,
Fresh mint (garnish)
1. Preheat the broiler, positioning the oven rack 6-8 inches above.
2. Melt half the butter in a skillet over medium heat. Pour in half the beaten egg.
3. As the eggs cook, use a spatula to lift the edge, letting the uncooked egg run underneath.
4. When loose egg can move to the edge, remove the pan from the heat and sprinkle on half the cheese.
5. Place the pan under the broiler until the cheese is melted and the egg is completely set.
6. Spread half the fruit on one side of the omelet.
7. Top the fruit with a generous dollop of the yogurt, which has been blended with the cinnamon and honey.
8. Fold the other side of the omelet over the fruit and slide it onto a plate. 9.Garnish with more yogurt mixture and fresh chopped mint.
Summerville Journal Scene is pleased to offer readers the enhanced ability to comment on stories. We expect our readers to engage in lively, yet civil discourse. We do not edit user submitted statements and we cannot promise that readers will not occasionally find offensive or inaccurate comments posted in the comments area. Responsibility for the statements posted lies with the person submitting the comment, not Summerville Journal Scene.
© 2015 Trident Health.