Tuesday, May 1, 2012
Fresh fruit (strawberries,
Fat free yogurt
Reduced fat cheddar chesse,
Fresh mint (garnish)
1. Preheat the broiler, positioning the oven rack 6-8 inches above.
2. Melt half the butter in a skillet over medium heat. Pour in half the beaten egg.
3. As the eggs cook, use a spatula to lift the edge, letting the uncooked egg run underneath.
4. When loose egg can move to the edge, remove the pan from the heat and sprinkle on half the cheese.
5. Place the pan under the broiler until the cheese is melted and the egg is completely set.
6. Spread half the fruit on one side of the omelet.
7. Top the fruit with a generous dollop of the yogurt, which has been blended with the cinnamon and honey.
8. Fold the other side of the omelet over the fruit and slide it onto a plate. 9.Garnish with more yogurt mixture and fresh chopped mint.
© 2016 Trident Health.