Taste of Home is All the Buzz!
The phones are ringing off the hook as everyone is asking about the 2012 Taste of Home Cooking School on Tuesday, May 8, 2012 at Charleston Southern University’s Lightsey Chapel.
Attendees are returning from previous years and bringing friends to the show because of the fun entertainment, live cooking demonstration, the party atmosphere and fantastic giveaways…all for a great value of only $11 a general ticket ($13 at the door).
We’ve got the inside scoop on what to expect at the show.
- Arrive early to collect your FREE First Citizen’s goody bag filled with awesome samples and magazines.
- Save a seat with your Seat Saver from Home Medical. All seats are first come first serve. Limited Preferred Seating will be marked off but will also be first come first serve within the Preferred Seating area.
- Take your photo with your friends on the Red Carpet, courtesy of LowCountry Women’s Specialists.
- Head to the Exhibitor’s hall for the pre-show party!
- VIP Cookbooks will be available for pickup at the Exhibitor Hall. Please bring your reservation card to the table.
- CSU is offering a Dinner Buffet. If you made your pre-reservation for a $5 special price, reservation cards will be available at the Exhibitor Hall at the Community Newspaper booth. The Dinner Buffet includes a main dish, sides, desserts and a drink. Pre-reservations can still be made by calling by Friday, May 4th at 843-873-9424 or email@example.com. Buffet rates may increase at the door without a pre-reservation
- Check out the local exhibitors who will be offering contests, registrations for prizes, food sampling and useful information about their business. We appreciate our local exhibitors who have made it possible for us to provide a fun, entertaining and valuable show.
- Publix will be hosting their popular Grocery Baggin’ Contest again this year. You think you’ve got what it takes to bag groceries? Take the challenge and you may win a prize!
- First Citizens will join in the activities with the new “Piggy Bank Coin-Counting Contest” and a Chili Cookoff where attendees can select their favorite chili.
- ServiceMaster of Charleston is offering a cool surprise at the show!
- Before the show begins, get ready for fun entertainment and a live cooking demonstration from Culinary Specialist Michelle Roberts.
- Let’s welcome special guest emcee, Terry Haas, from HGTV’s “Designed to Sell.”
- Look for the event staff wearing cute aprons if you have any questions.
It’s not too late to purchase tickets for only $11 in advance ($13 at the door). Tickets are selling fast, so hurry!
- Online at www.JournalScene.com/TasteofHome
- Call us at 843-873-9424
- Stop by In Person at the Summerville Journal Scene, 104 E. Doty Ave., Summerville, SC 29483