Pear Oatmeal Muffins
Ingredients and Preparation
|Quick-cooking oats||1 cup, divided|
|All-purpose flour||2½ cups|
|Baking powder||1 tablespoon|
|Baking soda||1 teaspoon|
|Chopped ripe pear||4 cups|
|Low-fat buttermilk||¾ cup|
|Light ricotta cheese||1/3 cup|
|Vegetable oil||¼ cup|
|Vanilla extract||1 tablespoon|
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Combine ½ cup oats, flour, and next 5 ingredients in a large bowl. Stir in pear, and make a well in center of mixture.
- Combine buttermilk and next 5 ingredients (buttermilk through egg), and stir well with a whisk.
- Add to flour mixture, stirring just until moist. Spoon batter into 12 muffin cups coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle ½ cup oats evenly over batter.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until done.
- Remove from pans immediately, and cool on a wire rack.