Monday, July 30, 2012
Boneless, skinless chicken breast
Garlic clove, minced
Yellow onion, coarsely chopped
Large tomato, seeded and coarsely chopped
Freshly ground pepper to taste
Reduced-sodium chicken stock
Reduced-fat shredded cheddar or Monterey Jack Cheese
Reduced-fat sour cream
Directions: 1. Preheat oven to 400░F.
á2. Fill a large pot 2/3 of the way full with water. Boil chicken until tender, about 20áminutes. Let chicken cool and shred by hand. Set aside.
3. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and cook 2-3 minutes, until tender. Stir in tomatoes, chili powder, cumin, salt, and pepper, and continue cooking 5 minutes.
4. Let mixture cool slightly, then blend in a blender or food processor, drizzling ináchicken stock until mixture is smooth and creamy.
5. Pour half of sauce over chicken and set the other half aside.
6. Over medium-low heat in a small nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, addátortillas, one at a time, until they are soft, about 5 seconds on each side.
7. Fill each tortilla with a heaping tablespoon of chicken mixture, roll tightly, andáplace snugly next to each other, seam side down, in a 9-inch by 13-inch baking dish. Pour remaining sauce over enchiladas, making sure to cover all of tortillas, and sprinkle with cheese. Bake about 20 minutes, or until cheese is melted and enchiladas are heated through.
8. Top with sour cream and salsa and serve.á
© 2016 Trident Health.