Monday, October 8, 2012
Ingredients and Preparation
Celery, finely diced
Onion, finely diced
Green pepper, finely diced
Frozen whole kernel corn
1 package (10 ounces)
Raw potatoes, peeled, diced in 1/2-inch pieces
Fresh parsley, chopped
Black pepper to taste
Lowfat or skim milk
2. Heat oil in medium saucepan. Add celery, onion, and green pepper, and sauté for 2 minutes.
3. Add corn, potatoes, water, salt, pepper, and paprika. Bring to boil, then reduce heat to medium. Cook covered for about 10 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
4. Place 1/2 cup of milk in jar with tightfitting lid. Add flour and shake vigorously.
5. Gradually add milk-flour mixture to cooked vegetables. Then add remaining milk.
6. Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to boil and thickens. Serve garnished with chopped, fresh parsley.
© 2015 Trident Health.