Monday, October 8, 2012
Ingredients and Preparation
Reduced-sodium soy sauce
2 teaspoons + 1 tablespoon
¼ + 1 teaspoon
1/8 + 1/8 teaspoon
Boneless sirloin steak, visible fat trimmed and cut into ¼-inch thin strips
¼ + ¼ cup
Garlic clove, minced
2. Combine 2 teaspoons soy sauce, ¼ teaspoon sugar, 1/8 teaspoon salt, and beef strips in a plastic resealable bag. Toss to coat and let marinate for 20 minutes in the refrigerator.
3. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, dissolve cornstarch in 1 tablespoon soy sauce, then stir in ¼ cup water, sesame oil, ginger, and 1 teaspoon sugar. Set sauce aside.
4. Heat canola in a large wok or nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic and beef to pan and stir-fry 1-2 minutes, until beef is browned, then remove beef with a slotted spoon and set aside.
5. Add broccoli to pan and stir-fry 1 minute. Then add ¼ cup of water, cover, and steam about 2 minutes, until broccoli is tender-crisp.
6. Stir sauce, then add sauce and beef to the pan and cook 1-2 minutes, until sauce has thickened and beef is heated through. Remove from heat and serve with rice.
The Journal Scene is pleased to offer readers the enhanced ability to comment on stories. We expect our readers to engage in lively, yet civil discourse. We do not edit user submitted statements and we cannot promise that readers will not occasionally find offensive or inaccurate comments posted in the comments area. Responsibility for the statements posted lies with the person submitting the comment, not The Journal Scene.
© 2015 Trident Health.