Scrambled Egg & Tomato Open-Faced Sandwich
Scrambled Egg and Tomato Open-faced Sandwich
Ingredients and Preparation
Country style whole grain bread
Garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
Italian parsley, finely chopped
Hot red pepper flakes
Egg substitute, lightly beaten
Large tomato, cored and finely diced
Fresh ground black pepper
Fresh basil leaves
Low fat cheddar cheese
- Lightly toast slices of bread in toaster. Set aside and keep warm.
- Place butter into a medium-size sauté pan over low heat.
- When the butter melts, add the garlic, parsley, hot pepper flakes, and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the eggs and stir slowly over low heat until the mixture starts to form small curds. Be careful not to overcook.
- Gently fold in the tomatoes and cook until set; add salt and pepper.
- Arrange and divide the egg mixture onto the 4 slices of toasted bread.
- Top each with basil leaves and sprinkle with cheese.
- Serve immediately.