Charleston Boat Show launches this weekend
In addition to a multitude of boats, this year’s Charleston Boat Show will include hillbillies, a wing-eating contest and lots of activities for the kids.
The 33rd Annual Charleston Boat Show launches Jan. 25 – 27 at the Charleston Area Convention Center. Sponsored by Mercury, the 2013 event is being billed as the Lowcountry’s largest boat show and sale.
The region’s leading dealers will be on site to showcase a multitude of boats including: sport cruisers, motor and express yachts, sport fishing boats, center console fishing boats, bass boats, bow riders, deck and aluminum boats, runabouts, bay boats, shallow water flat skiffs, jet skis and family cruisers.
Show hours are from noon until 6 p.m. Jan. 25, from 10 a.m. until 6 p.m. Jan. 26 and from 11 a.m. until 5 p.m. Jan. 27. Tickets are $9 for adults ($5 on Jan. 25), $5 for those with military ID and $4 for kids age 4-12. Parking is free.
The 2013 Charleston Boat Show will offer attendees traditionally favorite features and some exciting new ones:
· Skipper Bivins and Trent Jackson, hosts of Animal Planet’s hit show, Hillbilly Handfishin’, will teach everyday folks how to catch massive catfish with their hands and feet.
· Wild Wing Cafe and radio station, Q104.5 will team up for this year’s Wing Eating Contest with a grand prize of a Yeti Cooler valued at $500!
· Local archery sensation, Ella Kokinda is scheduled Sunday to demonstrate her talents. Featured on ESPN and Inside Edition, this Goose Creek teen is the State Champ and second ranked female in the National Archery in the Schools program nationwide.
· The Coastal Fishing Expo will provide fishing seminars, demonstrations and one-on-one discussion with local experts. These educational seminars are educational and informative for fishermen of all levels.
· Adults and kids will have the chance to test their skills at the Fishing Simulator presented by the South Carolina Department of Natural Recourses.
· Wild Wing Café ‘will be on hand to satisfy the hungriest of appetites, serving up their delicious wings, nuggets, BBQ sandwiches, tater tots and house chips.
· The kids will be entertained with popular features such as face painting, Loco Lazer Tag and Bouncy Houses.
For more information, visit www.TheCharlestonBoatShow.com.