Thursday, April 18, 2013
Accidental residence burn
A Ladson man called authorizes after he said he was burning leaves in the backyard of a Crosscut Drive residence he owns when the back of his residence caught on fire. He reported that the fire was accidental and he is renting the residence. The Old Fort Fire Department was on scene when the deputy arrived.
911 is for emergencies, not bonfires
A Clear Springs Circle man called deputies shortly before midnight on a recent night to report loud noises coming from his neighbor. When the deputy arrived he turned off his vehicle and was unable to hear loud noise, people or music. Shortly after clearing the call dispatch advised the deputy the complainant was not happy with the way he handled the call and wanted to speak with the deputy. The complainant told the deputy his neighbor was having a bonfire, being loud and also went inside leaving the bonfire unattended. The deputy told the complainant he could ask the neighbor to put out the fire but could not force him because it is not illegal to have bonfire in the backyard. The deputy spoke to the neighbor who said he would take care of it. Shortly after clearing the area the complainant again called 911 and said the bonfire was unattended. The deputy told the complainant 911 is for life or death emergencies only.
The Journal Scene is pleased to offer readers the enhanced ability to comment on stories. We expect our readers to engage in lively, yet civil discourse. We do not edit user submitted statements and we cannot promise that readers will not occasionally find offensive or inaccurate comments posted in the comments area. Responsibility for the statements posted lies with the person submitting the comment, not The Journal Scene.