Thursday, May 23, 2013
Ingredients and Preparation
Small potatoes, peeled and sliced
Olive oil or vegetable cooking spray
Medium onion, minced
Small zucchini, sliced
Green/red peppers, sliced thin
Medium mushrooms, sliced
Whole eggs, beaten
Egg whites, beaten
Pepper and garlic salt with herbs to taste
Shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
2. Preheat oven to 375°F.
3. Cook potatoes in boiling water until tender.
4. In a nonstick pan, add oil or vegetable spray and warm at medium heat.
5. Add the onion and sauté until brown. Add vegetables and sauté until tender but not brown.
6. In a medium mixing bowl, slightly beat the eggs and egg whites, pepper, garlic salt, and mozzarella cheese. Stir egg-cheese mixture into the cooked vegetables.
7. Oil or spray a 10-inch pie pan or ovenproof skillet. Transfer potatoes and eggs mixture to pan. Spread with parmesan cheese and bake omelet until firm and brown on top, about 20-30 minutes.
The Journal Scene is pleased to offer readers the enhanced ability to comment on stories. We expect our readers to engage in lively, yet civil discourse. We do not edit user submitted statements and we cannot promise that readers will not occasionally find offensive or inaccurate comments posted in the comments area. Responsibility for the statements posted lies with the person submitting the comment, not The Journal Scene.