Pumpkin Curry Soup
Ingredients and Preparation
|Finely chopped onion||1 cup|
|Garlic cloves, finely chopped||2|
|Celery, diced||1 cup|
|Curry powder||1 teaspoon|
|Ground coriander||1/8 teaspoon|
|Crushed red pepper||1/8 teaspoon|
|Low sodium chicken broth||1 cup|
|Pumpkin puree||1 can (32 ounces)|
|Fat-free half-and-half||1 cup|
|Sour cream and chives for garnish|
2. Melt butter in large saucepan over medium-high heat.
3. Add onion, celery, and garlic; cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until tender.
4. Stir in curry powder, coriander, and crushed red pepper; cook for 1 minute.
5. Add water and broth; bring to a boil.
6. Reduce heat to low; cook, stirring occasionally, for 15 to 20 minutes to develop flavors.
7. Stir in pumpkin and half-and-half; cook for 5 minutes or until heated through.
8. Transfer mixture to food processor or blender (in batches, if necessary); cover.
Blend until creamy. Serve warm or reheat to desired temperature