6 5-ounce tilapia filets or other firm white fish*
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/8 teaspoon salt
2 limes, divided
1/4 cup olive oil
1/2 large red bell pepper, cut in ¼-in strips
1/2 large yellow bell pepper, cut in ¼-inch strips
1 jalapeno pepper, cut in thin strips
1 small onion, thinly sliced
2 cloves garlic, chopped
6 8-inch whole wheat tortillas
6 tablespoons coarsely-chopped fresh cilantro or parsley
1. Place tilapia in a medium bowl. Toss with cumin, salt and juice of 1 lime. Set aside while preparing other ingredients.
2. Heat olive oil to medium-high in a large nonstick skillet. Add red and yellow peppers, jalapeno, onion, and garlic. Cook and stir for about 1 minute, until peppers and onion are slightly softened.
3. Add tilapia and cook for about 3 minutes on each side or until white and opaque. Fish will flake easily and may break apart.
4. Warm tortillas according to package instructions.
5. Divide tilapia-peppers mixture and cilantro evenly over tortillas. Roll to shape the taco. To serve, garnish each taco with a wedge of the remaining lime.
* As another option, substitute shrimp for finfish.
Calories from fat: 130; Total fat: 15g; Saturated fat: 2.5g; Trans fat: 0g
Cholesterol: 70mg; Sodium 310mg
Total carbohydrate: 28g; Dietary fiber: 4g; Sugars: 3g