DD2 has App for mobile
Dorchester School District Two has announced the launch of its Dorchester School District Two App, an all-in-one information source for parents, students, staff and community.
Created by ParentLink, the app was developed specifically to provide direct access to general district information in the most convenient format – a person’s mobile device.
Recognizing trends in social technology and the unprecedented use of smartphones and tablet devices, Dorchester School District Two has elected to become part of the mobile sphere to better connect and collaborate with the majority of their stakeholders when and where ever they may be.
“Our choice to go mobile goes directly back to our District mission to improve student performance,” said Superintendent Joseph Pye. “Enabling our parents to connect with the district in real-time, at their own convenience encourages and enables parent engagement and involvement. We know this resource will help in terms of transparency and parent interaction.”
The Dorchester School District Two App also will offer parents password-protected access to see lunch accounts and attendance information, allowing parents to stay up-to-date on student progress at any time, from anywhere.
From the app, parents of 6th through 12th grade students will be able to see live grades and can also set their own grade and assignment requirements. This feature allows the parent to be immediately alerted through a push notification if a student’s score or grade drops below that self-selected threshold.
Schools will notify parents when passwords are available to be picked up at schools so they may view their students’ information.
Other app features include:
• District and school news, allowing the user to select which schools and district news feeds they want to subscribe to
• Push notifications for the district/school to send out instant alerts to the user’s mobile device
• Sports scores, schedules, and links to sports sites
• Calendar information for schools and district events, including the ability to add events from school calendars to the user’s online calendar
• Schools’ websites
• A tip line tool for users to provide the district with suggestions, security issues and other important information
• Links to the district’s Facebook and Twitter
• Superintendent updates with the latest communications from district leaders
The Dorchester School District Two App is free for users and available for immediate download on iPhone and Android devices.