Trident Health Offers February “Heart Month” Events
CPR Class Offered on February 15
According to the American Heart Association, coronary heart disease and stroke are the first and third leading causes of death in the United States. Throughout February, Trident Health will be providing their annual “Heart Health Events”, including free heart screenings, a CPR class and the latest information to help individuals lead a healthier lifestyle. All events will be held at Trident Medical Center.
To make a reservation for any of these Heart Month events, please call 843-797-FIND (3463).
The “Heart Health Event” schedule is as follows:
· It Starts with Her Heart, Thursday February 6, 6-7 p.m., Learn what’s Different in Women. Wear your best red and win a “Show Your Heart Prize.” Admission is free. Dinner included.
· Learn a Death-Defying Act, CPR Class, Saturday February 15, 9am - noon All participants receive an American Heart Association completion card and CPR Book. Free for H2U members, $20 for all others.
· Heart Health Screenings, Thursday February 20, 8 a.m. - noon, Lipid profiles, glucose, blood pressure, BMI and a computerized heart risk profile. Free for H2U members, $20 for all others.
· What You Need to Know About Heart Failure, Thursday February 20, noon-1; How does heart failure develop. How to manage your diet. Admission is free and lunch is included.
· How Leg Treatments Can Help Your Heart, James Benner MD, Thursday February 27, 6-7 p.m., Admission is free and dinner included.
Trident Health is an HCA hospital system comprised of two acute care hospitals – Trident Medical Center and Summerville Medical Center – as well as Moncks Corner Medical Center. The Joint Commission recently named Trident Health to their list of the nation’s top hospitals for quality and safety. In 2012, Trident Health provided almost $40 million in charity and uncompensated care and contributed $27 million in taxes. Accredited by The Joint Commission, Trident Health is committed to providing quality health services along with wellness information and opportunities to the communities it serves. For more information about Trident Health, please visit our website at www.tridenthealthsystem.com or call 843.797.7000