Friday, March 14, 2014
According to Capital Improvements Director Robert Folkman, as reported to the Dorchester District Two Board of Trustees on March 10, the referendum capitol improvement project (CIP) is moving along. The CIP is 1.9 percent complete in actual costs and 4.8 percent complete in committed costs. The program schedule and budgets remain realistic, Folkman said.
Updates on new school construction and existing school renovations are as follows:
Dr. Eugene Sires ES
• The Miles-Jamison road improvement and boulevard design concepts have been previously approved. Buy-in by the county and town was obtained as required.
• Construction documents are 95 percent complete and remain with OSF for review (approval).
• Permitting review meetings have been completed. Permit(s) issuance is expected between June 1 and Aug. 1.
• Project team continues with cost estimates and value engineering.
Alston Bailey ES
• Design Development documents are currently at OSF.
• Construction documents are 95 percent complete.
• The site layout and Highway 78 access point have been previously approved.
• Project team is scheduled to complete final cost estimates and value engineering week of March 17.
• Construction documents are complete.
• OSF has issued approval to go to bid.
• Property transfer (tax sale) remains in progress.
• Roadway property transfer from SCDOT being finalized (recorded).
Flowertown and Newington ES
• Both schools remain in pre-design phase.
Eagle Nest ES
• Remains in pre-design phase.
Fort Dorchester HS
• Schematic design documents are 75 percent complete.
• Site selection remains in progress.
• Beech Hill ES bids received March 3. Notice of Intent Posting occurred March 6. Awarded recommendation presented to Building Committee on March 10.
• OSF recently approved Gregg MS project for bids.
• Remaining four projects in Phase 1 continue in design.
• Givhands, Windsor Hill and Summerville ROTC projects are scheduled to bid on March 24.
• Design development documents continue at OSF for review (Dubose, Oakbrook and Gregg).
• Alston MS design documents remain on hold
• Due diligence and as-built records continue in progress.
• Surveys for two small parcels behind AMS received. Closings scheduled this week.
• East Edisto property closing documents finalized. Closing date pending.
• Survey needed for closing of 10 acres being donated by MWV at ARHS in progress.
The Journal Scene is pleased to offer readers the enhanced ability to comment on stories. We expect our readers to engage in lively, yet civil discourse. We do not edit user submitted statements and we cannot promise that readers will not occasionally find offensive or inaccurate comments posted in the comments area. Responsibility for the statements posted lies with the person submitting the comment, not The Journal Scene.