The Ashley River Fire Department found visible fire and smoke coming from the attic of 8157 Halifax Way in Windsor Hill Sunday, around 3 p.m. By attacking the fire in the attic, they were able to stop the blaze before it broke through to the second floor, said Fire Chief Scott Inabinet. The crew made their way to the roof and extinguished the smoldering fire hidden behind the outer wall. Fire damage was limited to a small part of the attic and exterior of the residence. Two family pets (dogs) were successfully rescued. The fire appears to have been caused by an electrical failure. ARFD crews received assistance from NCFD, OFFD, DCSO and DCEMS. The American Red Cross responded to assist the residents.