House saved

  • Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Scott Inabinet The Ashley River Fire Department found visible fire and smoke coming from the attic of 8157 Halifax Way in Windsor Hill Sunday, around 3 p.m. By attacking the fire in the attic, they were able to stop the blaze before it broke through to the second floor, said Fire Chief Scott Inabinet. The crew made their way to the roof and extinguished the smoldering fire hidden behind the outer wall.  Fire damage was limited to a small part of the attic and exterior of the residence.  Two family pets (dogs) were successfully rescued. The fire appears to have been caused by an electrical failure. ARFD crews received assistance from NCFD, OFFD, DCSO and DCEMS. The American Red Cross responded to assist the residents.

Comments

Notice about comments:

Summerville Journal Scene is pleased to offer readers the enhanced ability to comment on stories. We expect our readers to engage in lively, yet civil discourse. We do not edit user submitted statements and we cannot promise that readers will not occasionally find offensive or inaccurate comments posted in the comments area. Responsibility for the statements posted lies with the person submitting the comment, not Summerville Journal Scene.

If you find a comment that is objectionable, please click "report abuse" and we will review it for possible removal. Please be reminded, however, that in accordance with our Terms of Use and federal law, we are under no obligation to remove any third party comments posted on our website. Read our full terms and conditions.

Upcoming Events
 Latest News
Print Ads
Latest Videos


Summerville Journal Scene

© 2014 Summerville Journal Scene an Evening Post Industries company. All Rights Reserved.

Registration on or use of this site constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Service, Privacy Policy and Parental Consent Form.