Friday, March 21, 2014
Trident Technical College Division of Continuing Education and Economic Development is pleased to announce the program lineup for the 20th annual Administrative Professionals Day Conference.
The 2014 conference is scheduled for Wed., April 23 from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. in The College Center on the Main Campus of Trident Technical College in North Charleston. Registration fees range from $119-$149 per person.
This year’s keynote address, “Ready…Set…Go Forth and Serve,” will be delivered by Dr. Karen Chandler, the co-founder of the critically acclaimed Charleston Jazz Initiative who also serves as an associate professor of arts management at the College of Charleston and previously served as the director of the Avery Research Center for African American History and Culture at the College of Charleston.
Dr. Chandler has been honored with several awards and fellowships in recent years including the South Carolina Governor’s Award in the Humanities in 2012, the state’s highest award in the humanities given to an individual.
Guest speakers on the Conference Agenda include:
• Amy Brennan, executive director of the Center for Women; “Customer Relations: Is Your Tone Out of Pitch?”
• Janet Carter, registered dietician at MUSC; “Healthy Eating for a Healthy Life”
• Kim Clifton, executive director of HALOS; “Personal Growth through Community Service”
• Brian Hicks, columnist with The Post and Courier; “Behind the Scenes – Stories from a Journalist”
• Penn Onaraha, organizational management consultant and cultural diversity inclusion manager with Boeing-Propulsion South Carolina; “Coaching Techniques for Administrative Professionals: Asking Powerful Questions to Get the Info You Need, When You Need It”
• Dr. Louester A. S. Robinson, dean of the Trident Technical College Palmer Campus; “It’s All About You – Dream BIG”
Who should attend this conference? Those encouraged to register include administrative assistants, receptionists, paralegals, office managers, executive assistants and all support staff. Individuals who are currently in these positions or those interested in branching into this area would find this year’s conference very beneficial for their professional development as well as provide them with opportunities to network with their peers.
Early registrations are being accepted through March 30 at a reduced per person rate of $119. Regular registration is $149 per person and will be available from April 1 to 18. To register, call 843.574.6152 or visit www.tridenttech.edu/ce.htm. Registrations can also be made in person through April 18 at the Complex for Economic Development located in Bldg. 910 on the Main Campus in North Charleston.
For more information, contact Steve Price, business training manager and instructor for TTC’s Division of Continuing Education and Economic Development at email@example.com or 843.574.6683. For more details about the conference, visit www.tridenttech.edu/ce_25981.htm.