Thursday, July 17, 2014
It’s time to pull out your safari hat for Cypress Gardens’ annual Swamp Safari.
This year’s event is 10 a.m.-3:30 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 16. All Swamp Safari activities are free with regular paid admission to Cypress Gardens ($10 for adults, $9 for seniors, and $5 for child ages 6 to 12 years old). Berkeley County residents are admitted free from 9 a.m. until noon.
“This year features exciting presentations and exhibits highlighting Lowcountry swamp life,” said Heather Graham, manager of Cypress Gardens.
Entertainment, displays and presentations include
• Live music by the Charleston Hot Shots
• The Turtle and Tortoise Society of Charleston
• Tony Mills, Herpetologist (reptile and amphibian expert) from the Lowcountry Institute and star of “Coastal Kingdom TV” show
• Ken Alfieri, Herpetologist and former director of Cypress Gardens
• Chris Smith of Magnolia Gardens Nature Center
• Sonny Gunn, Fossil Hunter
• Charleston Fancy Rabbit Breeders
Food will be available for purchase from the Friends of Cypress Gardens. Call 553-0515 or visit www.cypressgardens.info.