Wednesday, October 24, 2012
Palmetto Scholars Academy (PSA), SC’s First Gifted and Talented Charter School, elected the following individuals to serve on the Board of Directors:
• Shirley Hinson, Director of Government Relations, College of Charleston
• Jack Moore, Vice President, Charleston Defense Contractors Association
• Marilyn Schaffner, Ph.D., Chief Nursing Executive and Administrator for Clinical Services, Medical University of South Carolina
• Victoria Gamble, Applications Analyst, SC Department of Education
• Tammy Simpo, Principal Analyst, Communications, Computers & Information Technology, South Carolina Research Authority
• Rob Fifield, Vice President, Bauer International Inc.
• Dr. Jean Chandler, SC Consortium of Gifted Education Board Member
• Win Gasperson, Owner, Adaptive Limb
• J. Keith McElveen, President, Wave Sciences Corporation
• Stacey Lindbergh, Director of Business Development, Palmetto Behavioral Health System
Palmetto Scholars Academy received a perfect 100 “A” under the new federal rating system, an “Excellent” rating by the SC Department of Education, and awarded a Palmetto Gold Award.
Palmetto Scholars Academy (PSA) is a South Carolina Public Charter School for gifted and talented students in the 6th through 10th grades and is open to students from any county or school district and is tuition free. Eleventh grade is being added beginning in the 2013-2014 school year, with a higher grade being added each subsequent year until the school will include Grades 6-12. Applications for the 2013-2014 school year are now being accepted for grades 6-11th grade. Information regarding the school is available at www.palmettoscholarsacademy.org.