Police in Summerville responded to the Pineland Group Home for three runaway juveniles. Police were told the three fled on foot towards the railroad tracks. Police said the juveniles were able to get out of the facility by forcing the locked magnetic door open by kicking it. Police said they were able to track the three females down at a bar on Miles Road they were apprehended and it was confirmed that they were the three that escaped from the facility.

Drug possession

On Aug. 9 police in Summerville responded to a suspicious vehicle at a business on Bacons Bridge Road. Police said they observed a male and a female going into a garbage container. Police said they asked the couple if they had anything illegal on them. The incident report states police were told there was “meth” in the center console in the truck. The male was taken into custody for possession of methamphetamine and was transported to the Dorchester County Detention Center.

Intoxicated person

On Aug 12, a concerned citizen contacted the Summerville Police Department about an intoxicated female going into a liquor store on Old Trolley Road. Police said when they approached the woman she was unsteady on her feet and had to use the building the keep from falling over. Police said they could smell alcohol on the subject. Police said the female told them that her blood sugar was not right and she was having seizures. The incident report states EMS was then called and “dispelled” the issues with blood sugar and determined the patient was “grossly intoxicated.” Police said they arrested her and charged her with public intoxication.

Indecent exposure

Police in Summerville were called to the Goodwill store on July, 29 in reference to an indecent exposure. The complainant said she was shopping in the store when she heard some mumbling from the same isle she was in. Police were told when she turned around, a man wearing tennis shoes, khaki pants, a t-shirt and sunglasses was exposing his genitals to her. The incident report states the woman immediately turned around and left the store. Police said they were called later after she had arrived back home. She told police if the suspect was caught she wished to press charges. No arrests were made at the time of the report.