SCDMV brings trailer to Moncks Corner for mobile services in wake of July Fourth storm: In the wake of the July Fourth storm, town residents who need DMV services now have access to the state’s mobile office vehicle. The S.C. Department of Motor Vehicles announced Tuesday its Community Area Response and Emergency Services vehicle — used to help DMV offices impacted by natural disasters — is open for business while repairs are made to the building at 445 U.S. Highway 52. Full story here.

N. Charleston PD charge two with intent to distribute marijuana, one for stolen gun: North Charleston Police Department says officers with the Gang Intervention Team arrested Devontay Malik Dawson, 21, and Destiny Belair Walker, 19, who were charged with intent to distribute marijuana and possession of stolen goods. Full story here.

BCSO looking for armed suspect after Summerville business robbed: Berkeley County Sheriff’s Office is seeking the identification of an attempted robber, and deputies need the public’s help. Around 7 p.m. on Saturday, the sheriff's office responded to an attempted armed robbery at the Tobacco Beer Outlet in Pope Plaza on North Main Street in Summerville. Full story here.

Biggs named chief medical officer of Trident Health hospitals: Trident Health Systems announced Tuesday it has named Lee Biggs the new chief medical officer (CMO) to oversee its staff of 400-plus physicians across four hospital facilities.Trident Health is a 437-bed hospital system that includes Trident Medical Center, Summerville Medical Center, Moncks Corner Medical Center and Centre Pointe Emergency. Full story here.

Stormy weather ahead: Today showers and thunderstorms are likely, mainly between 11 a.m. and 4 p.m. It is expected to be mostly cloudy, with a high near 89 and a 70% chance of precipitation. Tonight, there is a 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms, mainly after 3am. For Thursday there is a 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. It is expected to be partly sunny, with a high near 90. Full forecast here.

Ikea parent firm buys 17,000 acres of forestland north of Charleston for $58.5M: The parent company of Swedish-rooted and Dutch-based retailer Ikea now owns a sizable chunk of South Carolina forestland. An affiliate of Ingka Group recently bought about 17,000 acres in Georgetown, Williamsburg and Clarendon counties on the northern edge of the Charleston region. Full story here.