To the editor:

Do you think that there is something the town absolutely needs to do, but you do not know how to make it happen?

First, you must bring it to the attention of town council.

Call your councilperson or mayor. It will help if you have the support of a group such as DREAM or any one of the many other town groups.

As many of you know, bringing it to the attention of town council is only the first step in the process. Now it must be placed on the council agenda.

Try to have you suggestion condensed to one or two sentences. Your representative on council can help with that.

When it is on the agenda, you and your support group must attend the council meeting and advocate for your idea. Be clear and concise.

It is most important that you are present to look your town representatives in the eye when they cast their vote.

Please call me with your ideas or questions. My cell number is 843 607 0872.

Wiley Johnson

Summerville mayor